US, China face cyber security threats: Pentagon chief
Singapore: Cyber security threats are a threat to not only to the US, but also other countries including China, US Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel said on Saturday.
"They are threats to China. They are threats to every country. We share those common interests," the Pentagon chief told an audience that included the defence ministers and military commanders from countries in the Asia Pacific and beyond.
Hagel, who recounted his experience of visiting China in the 1980s as a co-founder of a cellular telephone company, said he saw cyber security threats as an example of the accompanying challenges that come with emerging technologies, reported Xinhua.
The cyber security threats have been a topic of discussions recently, with some saying that part of the attacks came from China. China denied it and said that it faced cyber security threats as any other countries.
Hagel said that it is not easy to identify who was behind a cyber attack.
"This is also one of the situations that puts you in risk of dangerous miscalculations and mistakes as to who was behind an attack," he said.
The approach to addressing such challenges is a common interest approach, the US defense secretary said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi