US, China must respect each other`s interest: Xi
Washington: China welcomes the United States playing a "positive role" in the Asia Pacific, but the world`s two biggest economies must respect each other`s "core interests and major concerns," Chinese Vice President Xi Jinping said on Wednesday.
In a speech that followed meetings on Tuesday with President Barack Obama and other top US officials, Xi urged the United States to reject bids by Taiwan and Tibet for independence, and outlined areas where Beijing and Washington could work together.
"The world is currently undergoing profound changes, and China and the United States face shared challenges and shared responsibilities in international affairs," Xi said.
"We should further use bilateral and multilateral mechanisms to enhance coordination between China and the United States on hotspots, including developments on the Korean peninsula and the Iran nuclear issue," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days