US, China must respect each other`s interest: Xi
Washington: China welcomes the United States playing a "positive role" in the Asia Pacific, but the world`s two biggest economies must respect each other`s "core interests and major concerns," Chinese Vice President Xi Jinping said on Wednesday.
In a speech that followed meetings on Tuesday with President Barack Obama and other top US officials, Xi urged the United States to reject bids by Taiwan and Tibet for independence, and outlined areas where Beijing and Washington could work together.
"The world is currently undergoing profound changes, and China and the United States face shared challenges and shared responsibilities in international affairs," Xi said.
"We should further use bilateral and multilateral mechanisms to enhance coordination between China and the United States on hotspots, including developments on the Korean peninsula and the Iran nuclear issue," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB