US-China plane forced to land over suicide bid
Beijing: A Beijing-bound flight from Chicago was on Thursday forced to land at an airport in Alaska after a woman passenger in an apparent suicide bid had tried to hang herself in a toilet of the plane, according to a report.
The crew managed to rescue the woman, but the United Airlines plane had to land in Alaska after being diverted so the passenger could get medical treatment, the South China Morning Post reported.
The woman was described as middle-aged and Asian looking with a seat in economy.
She was seen walking into the toilet after a conversation with an African American man sitting next to her, a fellow passenger sitting near the couple said in a post on China`s Twitter-like Weibo social messaging service.
It is not clear if the passenger who attempted suicide will face any legal consequences, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Katrina Kaif’s views on ‘intolerance’ in the country - Here's what the actress said
- Irfan Pathan marries 21-year-old Safa Baig in low-key affair