US claim on Syria attacks `nonsensical`: Vladimir Putin
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
Moscow: Russian president Vladimir Putin on Saturday verbally attacked the US claim on Syria regime`s involvement in the recent chemical attacks and called it `illogical`.
He also urged the US to provide the evidence supporting its claim to the United Nations Security Council.
Russia has throughout maintained that Bashar al-Assad`s government cannot be blamed before the UN probe.
He also said that if US president Barack Obama is worthy of Nobel Peace Prize then he should seriously consider about the possible impact the foreign intervention will have on the victims.
Earlier in the day, the UN investigators, who were probing in the chemical attack case ended their visit to Syria.
The US and its main allies have accused Assad`s regime for the chemical attack on its own people.
Britain, which was backing the US for possible strikes against Syria regime, yesterday backed out as several UK citizens protested against its involvement in Syria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- Yuvraj Singh trolls R Ashwin for photobombing his picture with Virat Kohli – See pic!