US claim on Syria attacks `nonsensical`: Vladimir Putin
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
Moscow: Russian president Vladimir Putin on Saturday verbally attacked the US claim on Syria regime`s involvement in the recent chemical attacks and called it `illogical`.
He also urged the US to provide the evidence supporting its claim to the United Nations Security Council.
Russia has throughout maintained that Bashar al-Assad`s government cannot be blamed before the UN probe.
He also said that if US president Barack Obama is worthy of Nobel Peace Prize then he should seriously consider about the possible impact the foreign intervention will have on the victims.
Earlier in the day, the UN investigators, who were probing in the chemical attack case ended their visit to Syria.
The US and its main allies have accused Assad`s regime for the chemical attack on its own people.
Britain, which was backing the US for possible strikes against Syria regime, yesterday backed out as several UK citizens protested against its involvement in Syria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state