US closely monitoring situation in China’s Xinjiang province
Washington: The US Tuesday said it is monitoring the situation in the restive Xinjiang province very closely and asked Chinese authorities to deal with the unrest in a transparent and lawful fashion.
"We are monitoring the situation in Xinjiang very closely," US State Department spokesman Ian Kelly told reporters here during a daily press briefing.
"We have called upon the Chinese authorities to deal with the unrest in a transparent and lawful fashion," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Centuries-old fair symbolising maize blossom begins in Himachal
- 2016 Olympics: Russia escape blanket ban, but IOC bars whistle-blower from Rio Games
- Pakistan Daily calls Nawaz Sharif's statement on Kashmir 'wishful thinking and unrealistic'
- Hungarian Grand Prix: Record fifth win sends Lewis Hamilton top
- Olympian predicts record medal haul from Indian shooters at 2016 Rio Games