US closely monitoring situation in China’s Xinjiang province
Washington: The US Tuesday said it is monitoring the situation in the restive Xinjiang province very closely and asked Chinese authorities to deal with the unrest in a transparent and lawful fashion.
"We are monitoring the situation in Xinjiang very closely," US State Department spokesman Ian Kelly told reporters here during a daily press briefing.
"We have called upon the Chinese authorities to deal with the unrest in a transparent and lawful fashion," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister