US college graduate sues NYPD over `stop-and-frisk`
New York: A Bard College graduate is suing the NYPD after police frisked her to the point of a semi-strip search after allegedly violently stopping her on a Williamsburg street last year.
Samantha Rosenbaum, 22, who claims in a Brooklyn federal court lawsuit filed this week, that she was thrown against an unmarked police car in broad daylight, for no apparent reason, on July 17, 2012, told the New York Post that her face and stomach were on the hood of the car.
The case comes less than a week after the mayor drew heat by claiming whites are stopped and frisked at a higher rate than minorities relative to the number of offenders of each race.
Her lawyer Michael Goldstein claimed that Rosenbaum thought she was getting kidnapped.
The suit alleges also involved a female cop opening Rosenbaum`s clothing and peering inside her bra and her under pants.
It also claimed that the officer then pulled open Rosenbaum`s jean shorts and took another intrusive peek inside her underwear.
City Law Department spokeswoman Kate O`Brien Ahlers said that the city will evaluate the claim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers