US college graduate sues NYPD over `stop-and-frisk`
New York: A Bard College graduate is suing the NYPD after police frisked her to the point of a semi-strip search after allegedly violently stopping her on a Williamsburg street last year.
Samantha Rosenbaum, 22, who claims in a Brooklyn federal court lawsuit filed this week, that she was thrown against an unmarked police car in broad daylight, for no apparent reason, on July 17, 2012, told the New York Post that her face and stomach were on the hood of the car.
The case comes less than a week after the mayor drew heat by claiming whites are stopped and frisked at a higher rate than minorities relative to the number of offenders of each race.
Her lawyer Michael Goldstein claimed that Rosenbaum thought she was getting kidnapped.
The suit alleges also involved a female cop opening Rosenbaum`s clothing and peering inside her bra and her under pants.
It also claimed that the officer then pulled open Rosenbaum`s jean shorts and took another intrusive peek inside her underwear.
City Law Department spokeswoman Kate O`Brien Ahlers said that the city will evaluate the claim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das