US college graduate sues NYPD over `stop-and-frisk`
New York: A Bard College graduate is suing the NYPD after police frisked her to the point of a semi-strip search after allegedly violently stopping her on a Williamsburg street last year.
Samantha Rosenbaum, 22, who claims in a Brooklyn federal court lawsuit filed this week, that she was thrown against an unmarked police car in broad daylight, for no apparent reason, on July 17, 2012, told the New York Post that her face and stomach were on the hood of the car.
The case comes less than a week after the mayor drew heat by claiming whites are stopped and frisked at a higher rate than minorities relative to the number of offenders of each race.
Her lawyer Michael Goldstein claimed that Rosenbaum thought she was getting kidnapped.
The suit alleges also involved a female cop opening Rosenbaum`s clothing and peering inside her bra and her under pants.
It also claimed that the officer then pulled open Rosenbaum`s jean shorts and took another intrusive peek inside her underwear.
City Law Department spokeswoman Kate O`Brien Ahlers said that the city will evaluate the claim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’