US commander denounces `reprehensible` Wikileaks
Washington: The top US military commander in
Afghanistan on Sunday blasted as "reprehensible" the release of
Afghan war documents, saying that US partners named in them
have been put at risk.
General David Petraeus`s comments came in response to a
threat by the founder of the whistleblowers` website
WikiLeaks, Julian Assange, to make public another batch of
secret documents in a "couple of weeks" despite mounting
WikiLeaks has already released 76,000 military documents
from the Afghan conflict, but is still holding another 15,000
In an interview with NBC`s "Meet the Press," Petraeus
said he was not sure what might be in them, but he said the
files released so far have contained information that
compromised people working with the international forces.
"As we have looked through it more and more, there are
source names and in some cases there are actual names of
individuals with whom we have partnered in difficult missions
in difficult places.
"And obviously, that is very reprehensible."
He said the release of the documents, though consisting
of raw documents that were not top secret, was "beyond
"I mean, this is a betrayal of trust," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan