US commandos recorded Osama raid with tiny helmet cameras
Washington: The 40-minute US raid on Osama bin Laden`s hideout in Pakistan was recorded by tiny helmet cameras worn by each of the 25 US Navy commandos known as SEALs.
Officials reviewing those videos and reconstructing a more accurate version of what happened on May 02 night when the SEALs swooped in on the al Qaeda leader`s hideout now say that the only firefight took place in the guest house, CBS News reported.
There one of Osama`s couriers opened fire and was quickly gunned down. No one in the main building got off a shot or was even armed, although there were weapons nearby, the new official version says.
"The SEALs first saw bin Laden when he came out on the third floor landing. They fired, but missed. He retreated to his bedroom, and the first SEAL through the door grabbed bin Laden`s daughters and pulled them aside.”
"When the second SEAL entered, bin Laden`s wife rushed forward at him-or perhaps was pushed by bin Laden. The SEAL shoved her aside and shot bin Laden in the chest. A third seal shot him in the head."
An official cited by CNN said the US is not ready to conclude Osama had the official support of the Pakistani government, but the indicators are the al Qaeda leader had a network of supporters.
So far, the official cited by CNN said, there is no indication that local citizens were providing support to Osama.
It was a surprise to find only three other men at the compound, the official said, and the SEALs who conducted the compound raid were prepared for a more substantial firefight.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read