US concerned at reports Chinese activist`s family
Washington: Expressing concern over reports that a nephew of blind Chinese human rights activist Chen Guangcheng has been mistreated in jail, the US has asked China to treat all of its citizens fairly and with dignity.
"We`re deeply concerned by reports that prison officials abused Chen Kegui, the nephew of prominent human rights advocate Chen Guangcheng, during his ongoing imprisonment and that local authorities continue to harass his family members," State Department spokesperson Patrick Ventrell told reporters at his daily news conference.
"So we urge the Chinese Government to treat all of its citizens, including Chen Kegui, fairly and with dignity," he said in response to a question.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report