US concerned over South Korea`s whaling plan
Washington: The US on Thursday expressed concern about South Korea`s plan to start what it called a "scientific" whaling programme in the Pacific Ocean.
"We remain committed to the moratorium on commercial whaling," Xinhua quoted State Department spokesman Patrick Ventrell as saying at a news briefing.
"We plan to discuss this with the South Korean government," he added.
South Korea`s plan, announced on Wednesday during talks of the International Whaling Commission in Panama, has drawn criticism from Australia, New Zealand and other countries which have opposed Japan`s whaling in the Antarctic waters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi