US condemns attack on UN investigators in Beirut
Beirut: A US State Department spokesman
says an attack on a team of UN investigators in Beirut was an
attempt to disrupt the probe into the 2005 assassination of a
former Lebanese Prime Minister.
The two investigators and their interpreter received
medical attention after yesterday`s attack at a private
The melee underscored the charged emotions behind the
international tribunal looking into Rafik Hariri`s 2005
assassination. At the State Department, spokesman P J Crowley
said that efforts to hinder the investigation will only cause
The tribunal has not yet indicted any suspects in the
assassination, but speculation that the court could name
members of the Hezbollah militant group has raised fears of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray