US condemns attacks on West Bank mosques
Washington: The Obama administration is condemning as "hateful" attacks on Palestinian mosques in the West Bank and has appealed to Israelis and Palestinians to avoid any escalation.
The State Department said in a statement on Friday that recent attacks on West Bank mosques are "dangerous and provocative”. It called for the perpetrators to be arrested and prosecuted. It said violence would only hurt efforts to end the conflict.
Israeli West Bank settlers have come under suspicion for a string of attacks against Palestinians.
On Thursday, two cars were torched and Hebrew-language slogans were spray-painted on a mosque in the Nablus area. No one claimed responsibility for the acts, but settlers have carried out similar acts before. This week, a West Bank mosque was set afire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption