US condemns attacks on West Bank mosques
Washington: The Obama administration is condemning as "hateful" attacks on Palestinian mosques in the West Bank and has appealed to Israelis and Palestinians to avoid any escalation.
The State Department said in a statement on Friday that recent attacks on West Bank mosques are "dangerous and provocative”. It called for the perpetrators to be arrested and prosecuted. It said violence would only hurt efforts to end the conflict.
Israeli West Bank settlers have come under suspicion for a string of attacks against Palestinians.
On Thursday, two cars were torched and Hebrew-language slogans were spray-painted on a mosque in the Nablus area. No one claimed responsibility for the acts, but settlers have carried out similar acts before. This week, a West Bank mosque was set afire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Bihar polls: Nitish's minister Kushwaha caught on camera taking bribe, suspended from party post