US condemns attacks on West Bank mosques
Washington: The Obama administration is condemning as "hateful" attacks on Palestinian mosques in the West Bank and has appealed to Israelis and Palestinians to avoid any escalation.
The State Department said in a statement on Friday that recent attacks on West Bank mosques are "dangerous and provocative”. It called for the perpetrators to be arrested and prosecuted. It said violence would only hurt efforts to end the conflict.
Israeli West Bank settlers have come under suspicion for a string of attacks against Palestinians.
On Thursday, two cars were torched and Hebrew-language slogans were spray-painted on a mosque in the Nablus area. No one claimed responsibility for the acts, but settlers have carried out similar acts before. This week, a West Bank mosque was set afire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!