US condemns shelling of the Russian embassy in Syria
Washington: The United States has condemned the shelling of the Russian Embassy in the Syrian capital Damascus, expressing its concern for the welfare of those injured in the incident.
"The United States condemns the shelling that hit the Russian Embassy compound in Damascus and expresses its concern for the welfare of those injured in the incident," State Department Deputy Spokesperson Marie Harf said.
"We condemn any attack against individuals or facilities protected by international law," she said.
"The United States continues to emphasize that those responsible for atrocities on all sides must be held accountable," Harf said in a statement.
According to the reports, a mortar shell has hit the Russian embassy compound in Damascus, injuring three people.
The Russian Foreign Ministry and Syria`s authorities are taking measures to ensure additional security.
Meanwhile, the US also condemned the killing of two Israeli soldiers in the West Bank in the last two days and noted that such violence is unacceptable.
"The United States condemns the killings of two Israeli soldiers in separate incidents in the West Bank in the last two days," State Department spokesperson Jen Psaki said.
Such violence and terror are unacceptable and undermine efforts to establish the positive atmosphere the parties need to progress in peace negotiations, she said and called on all parties to join in condemning these attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16