US condemns terrorist attack in London
Washington: The US has condemned the gruesome killing of a British soldier in London by the two reported Islamists who were later shot and wounded by the police.
"The United States condemns today`s attack in the Woolwich district of London. We stand with our UK allies in the face of such senseless violence," State Department spokesman Patrick Ventrell said yesterday.
"Our thoughts and condolence are with the family of the victim and the British people," Ventrell said in a statement.
The British Government is considering this as a terrorist attack.
Television footage showed one of the men with a bloodied meat cleaver making political statements.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video