US condemns terrorist attack in London
Washington: The US has condemned the gruesome killing of a British soldier in London by the two reported Islamists who were later shot and wounded by the police.
"The United States condemns today`s attack in the Woolwich district of London. We stand with our UK allies in the face of such senseless violence," State Department spokesman Patrick Ventrell said yesterday.
"Our thoughts and condolence are with the family of the victim and the British people," Ventrell said in a statement.
The British Government is considering this as a terrorist attack.
Television footage showed one of the men with a bloodied meat cleaver making political statements.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part II
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part III
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part IV
- World Bank chief meets PM Modi, promises support to sustainable development
- World Cup winning coach Luiz Felipe Scolari wants to succeed Roy Hodgson as new England manager
- Another jolt to BSP, senior party leader RK Chaudhary also accuses Mayawati of auctioning election ticket
- Gold price up Rs 100 at Rs 30,350 per ten grams; silver tops Rs 43k level
- Vadra should be prosecuted for alleged suicide, if it was assisted, of his father: Subramanian Swamy