US condemns terrorist attack in London
Washington: The US has condemned the gruesome killing of a British soldier in London by the two reported Islamists who were later shot and wounded by the police.
"The United States condemns today`s attack in the Woolwich district of London. We stand with our UK allies in the face of such senseless violence," State Department spokesman Patrick Ventrell said yesterday.
"Our thoughts and condolence are with the family of the victim and the British people," Ventrell said in a statement.
The British Government is considering this as a terrorist attack.
Television footage showed one of the men with a bloodied meat cleaver making political statements.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister