US condemns terrorist attack in London
Washington: The US has condemned the gruesome killing of a British soldier in London by the two reported Islamists who were later shot and wounded by the police.
"The United States condemns today`s attack in the Woolwich district of London. We stand with our UK allies in the face of such senseless violence," State Department spokesman Patrick Ventrell said yesterday.
"Our thoughts and condolence are with the family of the victim and the British people," Ventrell said in a statement.
The British Government is considering this as a terrorist attack.
Television footage showed one of the men with a bloodied meat cleaver making political statements.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem