US condemns terrorist attack in Russia
Washington: US on Monday condemned a terrorist attack in southern Russia that left at least 14 people dead.
"The United States condemns the terrorist attacks that struck the Russian city of Volgograd and sends deepest condolences to the families of the victims with hopes for the rapid healing of those wounded," said Caitlin Hayden, spokesperson of the National Security Council, White House.
The US stands in solidarity with the Russian people against terrorism, she said in a statement.
"The US government has offered our full support to the Russian government in security preparations for the Sochi Olympic Games, and we would welcome the opportunity for closer cooperation for the safety of the athletes, spectators, and other participants," Hayden said.
At least 14 people were killed in the explosion on a trolleybus in Volgograd, a day after a deadly suicide bombing at the city`s main train station left 17 dead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Shaharyar Khan hints at stepping down in August
- Ranji games at neutral venues, Duleep's zonal system scrapped
- Donald Trump slams Barack Obama for not mentioning Pearl Harbour attack
- Zee Media Exclusive: BJP will do better than 2014 in 2019 General Elections, says Rajnath Singh
- French prosecutor considering Qatar 2022 World Cup investigation