US condemns terrorist attack in Russia
Washington: US on Monday condemned a terrorist attack in southern Russia that left at least 14 people dead.
"The United States condemns the terrorist attacks that struck the Russian city of Volgograd and sends deepest condolences to the families of the victims with hopes for the rapid healing of those wounded," said Caitlin Hayden, spokesperson of the National Security Council, White House.
The US stands in solidarity with the Russian people against terrorism, she said in a statement.
"The US government has offered our full support to the Russian government in security preparations for the Sochi Olympic Games, and we would welcome the opportunity for closer cooperation for the safety of the athletes, spectators, and other participants," Hayden said.
At least 14 people were killed in the explosion on a trolleybus in Volgograd, a day after a deadly suicide bombing at the city`s main train station left 17 dead.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij