US condemns terrorist attack in Russia
Washington: US on Monday condemned a terrorist attack in southern Russia that left at least 14 people dead.
"The United States condemns the terrorist attacks that struck the Russian city of Volgograd and sends deepest condolences to the families of the victims with hopes for the rapid healing of those wounded," said Caitlin Hayden, spokesperson of the National Security Council, White House.
The US stands in solidarity with the Russian people against terrorism, she said in a statement.
"The US government has offered our full support to the Russian government in security preparations for the Sochi Olympic Games, and we would welcome the opportunity for closer cooperation for the safety of the athletes, spectators, and other participants," Hayden said.
At least 14 people were killed in the explosion on a trolleybus in Volgograd, a day after a deadly suicide bombing at the city`s main train station left 17 dead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Asafa Powell fills Usain Bolt`s shoes and targets personal best
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'