US `confident` of bringing leaker Snowden to justice
Brussels: The US is confident it will bring Edward Snowden to justice for "extremely damaging" leaks about secret internet surveillance programmes, US Attorney General Eric Holder said on Friday.
Snowden is hiding in Hong Kong and the US has launched a criminal investigation after the former CIA technical assistant blew the lid on the National Security Agency`s vast electronic surveillance operation.
"This case is still under investigation and I can assure you that we will hold accountable the person responsible for those extremely damaging leaks," Holder told a news conference in Dublin after a meeting with EU officials.
"The national security of the US has been damaged by those leaks. The safety of the American people and safety of people in allied nations is at risk," he said.
"I am confident that the person who is responsible will be held accountable."
Holder also said that he had agreed to share details with the European Union about the so-called PRISM programme, which was exposed after Snowden spoke to British and American newspapers.
The 29-year-old Snowden has vowed to fight any bid to extradite him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Central team to visit Kashmir to look into infiltration today
- Akshay Kumar looks dapper in the brand new poster of ‘Rustom’
- BJP has reduced foreign policy to ''event management exercise'': JD(U)
- 'Sultan' Salman Khan behind Steven Spielberg's 'The BFG' release delay?
- 11-year-old blood cancer patient seeks help from PM Narendra Modi, CM Akhilesh Yadav