US `confident` of bringing leaker Snowden to justice
Brussels: The US is confident it will bring Edward Snowden to justice for "extremely damaging" leaks about secret internet surveillance programmes, US Attorney General Eric Holder said on Friday.
Snowden is hiding in Hong Kong and the US has launched a criminal investigation after the former CIA technical assistant blew the lid on the National Security Agency`s vast electronic surveillance operation.
"This case is still under investigation and I can assure you that we will hold accountable the person responsible for those extremely damaging leaks," Holder told a news conference in Dublin after a meeting with EU officials.
"The national security of the US has been damaged by those leaks. The safety of the American people and safety of people in allied nations is at risk," he said.
"I am confident that the person who is responsible will be held accountable."
Holder also said that he had agreed to share details with the European Union about the so-called PRISM programme, which was exposed after Snowden spoke to British and American newspapers.
The 29-year-old Snowden has vowed to fight any bid to extradite him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video