US confronts China on cyber attacks
Washington: The US has confronted China on the alleged spate of Internet attacks and censorship of Google`s network in China.
State Department spokesman Phillip J Crowley on Friday said: "We have had multiple conversations with Chinese officials on this issue, and that included a direct conversation between Secretary (Hillary) Clinton and Foreign Minister Yang (Jiechi) in London late last month.”
"So I think we have satisfied ourselves that the Chinese understand the importance with which we view this issue," he said.
The US has called on China to conduct a thorough review of cyber intrusions. "And they are obviously in the best position to evaluate what has and continues to occur within their borders.”
"I think we have done what we set out to do, which is to directly express our concerns at high levels about this activity and to encourage China to investigate it thoroughly," Crowley said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed