US confronts China on cyber attacks
Washington: The US has confronted China on the alleged spate of Internet attacks and censorship of Google`s network in China.
State Department spokesman Phillip J Crowley on Friday said: "We have had multiple conversations with Chinese officials on this issue, and that included a direct conversation between Secretary (Hillary) Clinton and Foreign Minister Yang (Jiechi) in London late last month.”
"So I think we have satisfied ourselves that the Chinese understand the importance with which we view this issue," he said.
The US has called on China to conduct a thorough review of cyber intrusions. "And they are obviously in the best position to evaluate what has and continues to occur within their borders.”
"I think we have done what we set out to do, which is to directly express our concerns at high levels about this activity and to encourage China to investigate it thoroughly," Crowley said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy