US Congressional panel to hold hearing on LeT
Washington: A key US Congressional panel has convened a hearing next week to "examine the capability and intent" of the Pakistan-based terrorist group Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) and study the preparedness of the country`s law enforcement agencies to counter any Mumbai-style terrorist attack.
Peter King, the Chairman of the Subcommittee on Counterterrorism and Intelligence of the House Homeland Security Committee, has convened a Congressional hearing on `Protecting the Homeland Against Mumbai-Style Attacks and the Threat from Lashkar-e-Taiba` on June 12.
"This hearing will examine the capability and intent of Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT), a Pakistani-based jihadi terror group that carried out the 2008 Mumbai attack, to strike the US homeland," said Congressman King.
"We will examine efforts of first responders, including the Fire Department of New York, to prepare for and respond to similar attacks that use fire as a weapon," King said.
Joseph W Pfeifer, Chief of Counterterrorism and Emergency Preparedness, Fire Department of New York, has been invited to testify before the subcommittee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song