US Congressional panel to hold hearing on LeT
Washington: A key US Congressional panel has convened a hearing next week to "examine the capability and intent" of the Pakistan-based terrorist group Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) and study the preparedness of the country`s law enforcement agencies to counter any Mumbai-style terrorist attack.
Peter King, the Chairman of the Subcommittee on Counterterrorism and Intelligence of the House Homeland Security Committee, has convened a Congressional hearing on `Protecting the Homeland Against Mumbai-Style Attacks and the Threat from Lashkar-e-Taiba` on June 12.
"This hearing will examine the capability and intent of Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT), a Pakistani-based jihadi terror group that carried out the 2008 Mumbai attack, to strike the US homeland," said Congressman King.
"We will examine efforts of first responders, including the Fire Department of New York, to prepare for and respond to similar attacks that use fire as a weapon," King said.
Joseph W Pfeifer, Chief of Counterterrorism and Emergency Preparedness, Fire Department of New York, has been invited to testify before the subcommittee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials