US Congressional panel to hold hearing on LeT
Washington: A key US Congressional panel has convened a hearing next week to "examine the capability and intent" of the Pakistan-based terrorist group Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) and study the preparedness of the country`s law enforcement agencies to counter any Mumbai-style terrorist attack.
Peter King, the Chairman of the Subcommittee on Counterterrorism and Intelligence of the House Homeland Security Committee, has convened a Congressional hearing on `Protecting the Homeland Against Mumbai-Style Attacks and the Threat from Lashkar-e-Taiba` on June 12.
"This hearing will examine the capability and intent of Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT), a Pakistani-based jihadi terror group that carried out the 2008 Mumbai attack, to strike the US homeland," said Congressman King.
"We will examine efforts of first responders, including the Fire Department of New York, to prepare for and respond to similar attacks that use fire as a weapon," King said.
Joseph W Pfeifer, Chief of Counterterrorism and Emergency Preparedness, Fire Department of New York, has been invited to testify before the subcommittee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you