US could send another 300 military personnel to Iraq: Official
Washington: The US State Department has requested additional military personnel to provide security in Iraq, a US official said on Wednesday.
The request for additional military personnel, which would include fewer than 300 people, has not yet been approved, the official said on condition of anonymity.
The US military has already sent more than 800 soldiers to Iraq since Islamic State fighters took over much of the country`s north in June.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country