US court denies parents custody of Nazi-name children
New York: A US court has ruled that a New Jersey couple who gave their three children Nazi-themed names should not be allowed custody.
The decision by the New Jersey state appeals court overruled a family court`s decision that there is insufficient evidence of abuse by the parents Heath and Deborah Campbell.
Their children -- Adolf Hitler Campbell, JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell, Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie Campbell -- have been in foster care since January 2009.
The case first came to public attention after a supermarket refused to decorate a birthday cake inscribed for Adolf Hitler Campbell.
The appeals court ruled yesterday to "reverse" the previous court decision, saying that social workers had "proved the need for protective services for these children within the meaning of abuse or neglect”.
The court said that Heath Campbell, 37, has never held a job because of medical and psychological disabilities, and cannot read. Deborah Campbell, 27, also had mental and physical problems.
Social workers were sent to investigate in December 2008 following reports "that the children were being strapped and confined for unusual amounts of time within the home in child booster seats and that domestic violence occurred in the home," the court said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Army Chief Gen Dalbir Singh Suhag appeals for peace in Kashmir
- Start dialogue process for peace in Kashmir, Ghulam Nabi Azad tells government
- Preggers Kareena Kapoor Khan to be Sabyasachi's showstopper at LFW finale?
- This is what Arvind Kejriwal said for PM Narendra Modi after sedition case against Ramya
- Nandita Das is a capable director: Nawazuddin Siddiqui