US court says illegal immigrants can`t have guns
Denver: A US appeals court says illegal immigrants don`t have the right to own firearms under the Constitution.
Emmanuel Huitron-Guizar pleaded guilty to being an illegal immigrant in possession of firearms after his arrest last year. He was ordered held by immigration authorities at a detention centre in Wyoming.
An attorney for Huitron-Guizar appealed the case, saying illegal immigrants are not excluded from possessing firearms and should have the same rights as citizens to buy a gun for hunting and protection.
The 10th Circuit US Court of Appeals in Denver ruled yesterday that illegal immigrants have only limited protection under the Constitution.
Huitron-Guizar`s attorney didn`t return a call seeking comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah