US court says illegal immigrants can`t have guns
Denver: A US appeals court says illegal immigrants don`t have the right to own firearms under the Constitution.
Emmanuel Huitron-Guizar pleaded guilty to being an illegal immigrant in possession of firearms after his arrest last year. He was ordered held by immigration authorities at a detention centre in Wyoming.
An attorney for Huitron-Guizar appealed the case, saying illegal immigrants are not excluded from possessing firearms and should have the same rights as citizens to buy a gun for hunting and protection.
The 10th Circuit US Court of Appeals in Denver ruled yesterday that illegal immigrants have only limited protection under the Constitution.
Huitron-Guizar`s attorney didn`t return a call seeking comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj