US criticism over human rights `biased`: China
Beijing: China has described the US government report on Chinese human rights practices as "biased" and suggested it to stop interfering in other nations` internal affairs, Xinhua reported.
The US State Department issued the "Country Reports on Human Rights for 2011" on Thursday.
On Friday, replying to query related to the US report, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Hong Lei, said: "It`s a solid fact that remarkable, well-recognised progress has been achieved in China`s field of human rights over the past 30 years and more."
Hong said the report`s criticism of China is biased and baseless.
"There is always room for improvement on human rights for any country," the spokesman said, adding that all the countries in the world can deepen mutual understanding for common improvement through equal dialogue.
But no single country should use human rights as a tool to interfere in another`s internal affairs, he said.
"We sincerely advise the US side to do more self-examination and stop its wrong thinking and doings on the issue," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- REVEALED: Outdoing Virat Kohli makes AB de Villiers 'proud' - Here's why!
- Birthday special: Anushka Sharma is the selfie queen of Bollywood! Here's a proof
- UNBELIEVABLE! CEO of Baba Ramdev's Patanjali Ayurved works for 15 hours/day but takes no salary!
- Technology has opened up our cinema to everybody: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- HILARIOUS! How Virender Sehwag trolled birthday boy Rohit Sharma in his inimitable style