US criticism over human rights `biased`: China
Beijing: China has described the US government report on Chinese human rights practices as "biased" and suggested it to stop interfering in other nations` internal affairs, Xinhua reported.
The US State Department issued the "Country Reports on Human Rights for 2011" on Thursday.
On Friday, replying to query related to the US report, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Hong Lei, said: "It`s a solid fact that remarkable, well-recognised progress has been achieved in China`s field of human rights over the past 30 years and more."
Hong said the report`s criticism of China is biased and baseless.
"There is always room for improvement on human rights for any country," the spokesman said, adding that all the countries in the world can deepen mutual understanding for common improvement through equal dialogue.
But no single country should use human rights as a tool to interfere in another`s internal affairs, he said.
"We sincerely advise the US side to do more self-examination and stop its wrong thinking and doings on the issue," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015