US, Danish aid workers seized in Somalia
Nairobi: Officials in Kenya say Somali gunmen have kidnapped two Western aid workers in northern Somalia.
The man and the woman were working for the Danish Demining Group when they were seized in northern Somalia. One Nairobi-based official said the workers were American and Danish.
A second official confirmed Tuesday`s kidnappings but did not know their nationalities.
The Nairobi-based officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak to the media.
The kidnappings come only weeks after the seizure of two women working for Doctors Without Borders from a refugee camp in neighboring Kenya, as well as the kidnappings of two European tourists from Kenya`s coast. Somali gunmen were suspected in those abductions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet