US, Danish aid workers seized in Somalia
Nairobi: Officials in Kenya say Somali gunmen have kidnapped two Western aid workers in northern Somalia.
The man and the woman were working for the Danish Demining Group when they were seized in northern Somalia. One Nairobi-based official said the workers were American and Danish.
A second official confirmed Tuesday`s kidnappings but did not know their nationalities.
The Nairobi-based officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak to the media.
The kidnappings come only weeks after the seizure of two women working for Doctors Without Borders from a refugee camp in neighboring Kenya, as well as the kidnappings of two European tourists from Kenya`s coast. Somali gunmen were suspected in those abductions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state