US: David Petraeus douses Romney`s VP buzz
Washington: CIA director David Petraeus has poured cold water on suggestions that he might agree to serve as the vice presidential running mate for likely Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney.
CIA spokesman Preston Golson said that Petraeus would ‘continue to serve America in his current position’.
"Director Petraeus feels very privileged to be able to continue to serve our country in his current position and, as he has stated clearly numerous times before, he will not seek elected office,” Politico quoted Golson, as saying.
A post on the Drudge Report recently reported that Petraeus, the former commander of American war efforts in Iraq and Afghanistan, could be added to the list of Romney’s choice of vice president.
According to the report, Drudge said a ‘top fundraiser’ for Barack Obama claimed the President said earlier this week that Romney wants to choose Petraeus for the VP slot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday