US despite being powerful, can`t dictate every outcome: Kerry
Washington: America despite being enormously powerful, can`t dictate every outcome the way it wants because of the recent changes in global politics, US Secretary of State John Kerry has said.
"You know, the United States has power, enormous power. But we can`t necessarily always dictate every outcome the way we want, particularly in this world," Kerry told members of Senate Foreign Relations Committee during a Congressional hearing yesterday.
"We have rising economic powers -- China, India, Mexico, Korea, Brazil -- many other people who are players. You know, 11 of the 15 people who used to receive aid from IMF are now donor countries. We`re living in a changed world," Kerry said.
"We`re living in an extremely complicated world, unlike anything most of us grew up with," he said.
The Secretary of State added, now with massive number of young people filled with aspirations because they are in touch with everybody in the world through the media, the social media, they know what is happening everywhere.
The top US diplomat, however acknowledging the US impact in other region said, President Barack Obama administration`s Asia Pacific rebalance has been welcomed by the countries in the region.
"Our rebalance to the Asia-Pacific has been supported and welcomed by people throughout the region. We also have great allies, great partners," Kerry said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living