US despite being powerful, can`t dictate every outcome: Kerry
Washington: America despite being enormously powerful, can`t dictate every outcome the way it wants because of the recent changes in global politics, US Secretary of State John Kerry has said.
"You know, the United States has power, enormous power. But we can`t necessarily always dictate every outcome the way we want, particularly in this world," Kerry told members of Senate Foreign Relations Committee during a Congressional hearing yesterday.
"We have rising economic powers -- China, India, Mexico, Korea, Brazil -- many other people who are players. You know, 11 of the 15 people who used to receive aid from IMF are now donor countries. We`re living in a changed world," Kerry said.
"We`re living in an extremely complicated world, unlike anything most of us grew up with," he said.
The Secretary of State added, now with massive number of young people filled with aspirations because they are in touch with everybody in the world through the media, the social media, they know what is happening everywhere.
The top US diplomat, however acknowledging the US impact in other region said, President Barack Obama administration`s Asia Pacific rebalance has been welcomed by the countries in the region.
"Our rebalance to the Asia-Pacific has been supported and welcomed by people throughout the region. We also have great allies, great partners," Kerry said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed