US did not alter missile shield for Russia: Kerry
Washington: US Secretary of State John Kerry is denying that the Obama administration has rolled back US missile defence programs in Europe because of Russian objections.
In a joint appearance with Poland`s Foreign Minister Radek Sikorski on Monday, Kerry was asked about the administration`s decision this year to cancel a key part of its plans in Europe. The issue has been sensitive in Poland, which is hosting parts of the European missile shield.
Kerry said that the decision had nothing to do with Russia. He said: "The United States of America has made zero zero concessions to Russia with respect to missile defence."
He said that the administration had not discussed the issue with Russia prior to its decision and that the other parts of the shield would be deployed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price