US did not alter missile shield for Russia: Kerry
Washington: US Secretary of State John Kerry is denying that the Obama administration has rolled back US missile defence programs in Europe because of Russian objections.
In a joint appearance with Poland`s Foreign Minister Radek Sikorski on Monday, Kerry was asked about the administration`s decision this year to cancel a key part of its plans in Europe. The issue has been sensitive in Poland, which is hosting parts of the European missile shield.
Kerry said that the decision had nothing to do with Russia. He said: "The United States of America has made zero zero concessions to Russia with respect to missile defence."
He said that the administration had not discussed the issue with Russia prior to its decision and that the other parts of the shield would be deployed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday