US did not alter missile shield for Russia: Kerry
Washington: US Secretary of State John Kerry is denying that the Obama administration has rolled back US missile defence programs in Europe because of Russian objections.
In a joint appearance with Poland`s Foreign Minister Radek Sikorski on Monday, Kerry was asked about the administration`s decision this year to cancel a key part of its plans in Europe. The issue has been sensitive in Poland, which is hosting parts of the European missile shield.
Kerry said that the decision had nothing to do with Russia. He said: "The United States of America has made zero zero concessions to Russia with respect to missile defence."
He said that the administration had not discussed the issue with Russia prior to its decision and that the other parts of the shield would be deployed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail