US drone recovered in Philippines
Manila: The Philippine Navy Monday said an unmanned aerial vehicle made in the US was recovered off the waters of the central province of Masbate, Xinhua reported.
Capt. Rommel Jason Galang, deputy commander of the Naval Forces Southern Luzon, said the US-made drone, model BQM-74E, was found floating near Ticao island by fishermen Sunday and was initially mistaken for a bomb.
Philippine Navy officials, however, could not say why the drone was in the area and when it actually crashed.
The BQM-74e is a turbojet-powered aerial target. It is primarily used to emulate enemy anti-ship cruise missiles and simulate aircraft for training naval aviators in air-to-air combat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE