US drone strike killed Somali insurgent
Nairobi: Somali insurgents say that a US drone strike killed an al Qaeda official fighting alongside them in Somalia.
A statement from the insurgent al-Kataib media foundation late Saturday says that three missiles fired from an unmanned aerial vehicle hit Bilal al-Berjawi`s car on the outskirts of Mogadishu. Berjawi was a Lebanese and British citizen who grew up in West London.
The strike was confirmed by a US official in Washington. He asked for anonymity because he was not authorised to speak to the media.
Berjawi was a close associate of late al Qaeda operative Fazul Abdullah Mohammed, who directed the 1998 bombings of the US embassies in Kenya and Tanzania.
- I have no PM ambitions, united alliance is the need of the hour: Nitish Kumar
- Core sector expands to a 16-month high of 6.4% in March
- Jiah Khan case: HC refuses to extend stay on trial against Sooraj Pancholi
- Gautam Gambhir endorses Zaheer Khan for Team India coaching role - Here's what he said!
- Know why Jayalalithaa’s canteens serving sambar rice, idlis can impact TN polls!