US-Egypt military exercise cancelled
Washington: The State Department says this year`s joint military exercises involving Egypt, the United States and other coalition nations have been cancelled as Egypt moves away from the regime of ousted president Hosni Mubarak.
The department said on Wednesday the Egyptian government and the US mutually agreed to postpone the 2011 exercise "in light of ongoing transition events”.
Egypt and the US also agreed to start formal planning in June 2012 for the next instalment of what is called Exercise Bright Star in 2013.
Exercise Bright Star is a biennial, multinational exercise sponsored by the US Central Command. It is designed to improve military-to-military relationships among the US, Egypt and other nations, including France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Jordan, Kuwait, Pakistan, Turkey and Britain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Live: Jayalalithaa passes away after suffering cardiac arrest; Panneerselvam takes oath as new CM of Tamil Nadu
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what