US embassy attack: 94 Tunisians to face trial
Tunis: At least 94 people arrested for their involvement in an attack on the US embassy here in the capital of Tunisia will be tried in a military court, News agencies reported.
A prosecutor at Tunis` first instance tribunal decided Thursday to transfer the files of the 94 accused to the military court, according to Shems FM.
The defendants` lawyers protested the decision, arguing that a military court could not prosecute civilians.
Four people were killed and 48 injured when an angry mob protesting against an anti-Islam film attacked the US embassy compound last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list