US embassy attack: 94 Tunisians to face trial
Tunis: At least 94 people arrested for their involvement in an attack on the US embassy here in the capital of Tunisia will be tried in a military court, News agencies reported.
A prosecutor at Tunis` first instance tribunal decided Thursday to transfer the files of the 94 accused to the military court, according to Shems FM.
The defendants` lawyers protested the decision, arguing that a military court could not prosecute civilians.
Four people were killed and 48 injured when an angry mob protesting against an anti-Islam film attacked the US embassy compound last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Really? Katrina Kaif rebuffs breaking up with Ranbir Kapoor?