US embassy attack: 94 Tunisians to face trial
Tunis: At least 94 people arrested for their involvement in an attack on the US embassy here in the capital of Tunisia will be tried in a military court, News agencies reported.
A prosecutor at Tunis` first instance tribunal decided Thursday to transfer the files of the 94 accused to the military court, according to Shems FM.
The defendants` lawyers protested the decision, arguing that a military court could not prosecute civilians.
Four people were killed and 48 injured when an angry mob protesting against an anti-Islam film attacked the US embassy compound last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport
- Colombia peace deal to be signed late September