US embassy in Norway evacuated due to bomb scare
Oslo: The US Embassy in Norway was evacuated on Tuesday after its security staff found a suspicious object beneath a nearby automobile.
Norwegian police said the embassy and the surrounding area, including the royal palace, were cleared of people in the heart of Norway`s capital, and that a bomb squad with sniffer dogs was dispatched there.
"It`s a large area - around 500 meters (yards) surrounding the embassy," said police spokesman Martin Todnem, adding that police received a call from embassy security staff at 11.22 am (local time).
The NTB news agency reported that visitors to the royal place, the residence of the nation`s monarch, were also cleared, but that its staff members remained there.
The royal family was not in the palace at the time, the agency reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers