US embassy in Norway evacuated due to bomb scare
Oslo: The US Embassy in Norway was evacuated on Tuesday after its security staff found a suspicious object beneath a nearby automobile.
Norwegian police said the embassy and the surrounding area, including the royal palace, were cleared of people in the heart of Norway`s capital, and that a bomb squad with sniffer dogs was dispatched there.
"It`s a large area - around 500 meters (yards) surrounding the embassy," said police spokesman Martin Todnem, adding that police received a call from embassy security staff at 11.22 am (local time).
The NTB news agency reported that visitors to the royal place, the residence of the nation`s monarch, were also cleared, but that its staff members remained there.
The royal family was not in the palace at the time, the agency reported.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Four minors gang-rape teenage girl in Mumbai, circulate video on WhatsApp
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview