US envoy blasts Iran`s nuclear `deceit`
Vienna: A senior US official is accusing Iran of "denial, deceit and evasion" in refusing to open its nuclear program to increased outside overview.
US Energy Secretary Steven Chu also says Tehran`s recent decision to expand uranium enrichment and move enrichment facilities into an underground bunker brings it closer to the ability to produce the fissile core of nuclear warheads.
Chu spoke on Monday at the opening session of the 151-nation general conference of the International Atomic Energy Agency.
His comments on Iran were unusually outspoken considering his department`s main concern — domestic energy, environmental and nuclear issues — and reflected concerns that Iran might be seeking to develop nuclear weapons despite its denials of such aims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley