US envoy blasts Iran`s nuclear `deceit`
Vienna: A senior US official is accusing Iran of "denial, deceit and evasion" in refusing to open its nuclear program to increased outside overview.
US Energy Secretary Steven Chu also says Tehran`s recent decision to expand uranium enrichment and move enrichment facilities into an underground bunker brings it closer to the ability to produce the fissile core of nuclear warheads.
Chu spoke on Monday at the opening session of the 151-nation general conference of the International Atomic Energy Agency.
His comments on Iran were unusually outspoken considering his department`s main concern — domestic energy, environmental and nuclear issues — and reflected concerns that Iran might be seeking to develop nuclear weapons despite its denials of such aims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?