US envoy urges North Korea to scrap nuke test plan
Tokyo: A US envoy says North Korea is playing a dangerous game with the international community by threatening a nuclear test and urged the communist nation to scrap the planned test.
Glyn Davies, US Special Representative for North Korea Policy, urged Pyongyang today to return to its international obligations in abandoning its nuclear programs.
Davies met with Japanese Foreign Ministry officials in Tokyo to discuss the anticipated nuclear test, after visiting Seoul for similar talks over the weekend.
North Korea said yesterday that leader Kim Jong Un had ordered top security and foreign affairs officials to take "substantial and high-profile important state measures." The move fuelled speculation that North Korea is going ahead with a threat to explode a nuclear device in defiance of the United Nations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics