US envoy urges North Korea to scrap nuke test plan
Tokyo: A US envoy says North Korea is playing a dangerous game with the international community by threatening a nuclear test and urged the communist nation to scrap the planned test.
Glyn Davies, US Special Representative for North Korea Policy, urged Pyongyang today to return to its international obligations in abandoning its nuclear programs.
Davies met with Japanese Foreign Ministry officials in Tokyo to discuss the anticipated nuclear test, after visiting Seoul for similar talks over the weekend.
North Korea said yesterday that leader Kim Jong Un had ordered top security and foreign affairs officials to take "substantial and high-profile important state measures." The move fuelled speculation that North Korea is going ahead with a threat to explode a nuclear device in defiance of the United Nations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!