US envoy urges North Korea to scrap nuke test plan
Tokyo: A US envoy says North Korea is playing a dangerous game with the international community by threatening a nuclear test and urged the communist nation to scrap the planned test.
Glyn Davies, US Special Representative for North Korea Policy, urged Pyongyang today to return to its international obligations in abandoning its nuclear programs.
Davies met with Japanese Foreign Ministry officials in Tokyo to discuss the anticipated nuclear test, after visiting Seoul for similar talks over the weekend.
North Korea said yesterday that leader Kim Jong Un had ordered top security and foreign affairs officials to take "substantial and high-profile important state measures." The move fuelled speculation that North Korea is going ahead with a threat to explode a nuclear device in defiance of the United Nations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...