US, EU hopeful of new Iran nuke talks
Sarajevo (Bosnia): The US and the European Union say they`ll press on with sanctions against Iran even as they hope the promise of new negotiations could lead to a diplomatic solution ending the nuclear standoff.
EU foreign policy chief Catherine Ashton says European officials met last weekend with aides to Iran`s top nuclear negotiators, Saeed Jalili. She said she plans to meet directly with Jalili soon.
That is seen as a key step in the resumption of talks between Iran and world powers over Tehran`s disputed nuclear program.
The West fears Iran may be trying to develop nuclear weapons, a charge Tehran denies.
Clinton said the diplomatic window of opportunity for Iran wouldn`t stay open forever. Speaking today alongside Ashton in Bosnia, she said Iran must do more to end its international isolation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble