US, EU hopeful of new Iran nuke talks
Sarajevo (Bosnia): The US and the European Union say they`ll press on with sanctions against Iran even as they hope the promise of new negotiations could lead to a diplomatic solution ending the nuclear standoff.
EU foreign policy chief Catherine Ashton says European officials met last weekend with aides to Iran`s top nuclear negotiators, Saeed Jalili. She said she plans to meet directly with Jalili soon.
That is seen as a key step in the resumption of talks between Iran and world powers over Tehran`s disputed nuclear program.
The West fears Iran may be trying to develop nuclear weapons, a charge Tehran denies.
Clinton said the diplomatic window of opportunity for Iran wouldn`t stay open forever. Speaking today alongside Ashton in Bosnia, she said Iran must do more to end its international isolation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- LIVE: After surgical strikes by Indian Army, Nawaz Sharif says Pakistan wants peace
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’