US expecting smooth changeover in govt in Nepal
Washington: The United States said it expects a smooth changeover of the government in Nepal following the resignation of its current Prime Minister Jhalanath Khanal.
"The information we have is that this resignation was expected, and we have every expectation that there will be a smooth government change in keeping with Nepals constitution," State Department spokesperson Victoria Nuland told reporters during her daily news conference.
Nepal`s caretaker Prime Minister Khanal resigned on August 14 succumbing to intense pressure from Nepali Congress and the Maoists.
President Ram Baran Yadav has given all parties an August 21 deadline to form the next government through consensus.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents