US expecting smooth changeover in govt in Nepal
Washington: The United States said it expects a smooth changeover of the government in Nepal following the resignation of its current Prime Minister Jhalanath Khanal.
"The information we have is that this resignation was expected, and we have every expectation that there will be a smooth government change in keeping with Nepals constitution," State Department spokesperson Victoria Nuland told reporters during her daily news conference.
Nepal`s caretaker Prime Minister Khanal resigned on August 14 succumbing to intense pressure from Nepali Congress and the Maoists.
President Ram Baran Yadav has given all parties an August 21 deadline to form the next government through consensus.
- Rahul Gandhi says 'happy to be targeted' as AgustaWestland deal continues to haunt Congress
- GOING VIRAL: Have you seen this 'love story' ad on PM Narendra Modi's ambitious 'Swachh Bharat' campaign? WATCH
- Transit of Mercury, May 9, 2016: Where, when and how to watch in India!
- Hrithik Roshan shares video where Katrina Kaif is singing! Watch it now
- IPL 2016: Kolkata Knight Riders' Yusuf Pathan slams Sunil Gavaskar for calling RCB's bowling line-up as 'popatwadi attack'