US expecting smooth changeover in govt in Nepal
Washington: The United States said it expects a smooth changeover of the government in Nepal following the resignation of its current Prime Minister Jhalanath Khanal.
"The information we have is that this resignation was expected, and we have every expectation that there will be a smooth government change in keeping with Nepals constitution," State Department spokesperson Victoria Nuland told reporters during her daily news conference.
Nepal`s caretaker Prime Minister Khanal resigned on August 14 succumbing to intense pressure from Nepali Congress and the Maoists.
President Ram Baran Yadav has given all parties an August 21 deadline to form the next government through consensus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- 'Mann Ki Baat': PM Narendra Modi to address nation today, may talk to Army jawans
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015