US expels three Venezuelan diplomats
Zee Media Bureau
Washington: In a retaliatory move, the United States on Tuesday said that it will be expelling three Venezuelan diplomats days after Venezuela expelled three US consular officials in Caracas.
The US has given the diplomats a deadline of three days to leave the country. However, the identity of the Venezuelan diplomats have not yet been revealed.
The development took place after Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro ordered the expulsion of US diplomats after they were accused of working with the opposition under the garb of official work.
The decision was announced by Maduro during a televised speech.
This is not the first time when US diplomats have been expelled in Venezuela. A similar decision was taken in September last year when it had expelled three US diplomats after it accused them of conspiring with the opposition against the government.
The two countries have not had ambassadors since 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- Gujarat quota stir: PM Modi appeals for peace
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- 3rd Test: India vs Sri Lanka 2015 - Preview