US expresses concern over political deadlock in Nepal
Kathmandu: The US on Tuesday expressed concern over the current political deadlock in Nepal as a American top diplomat held discussion with the country`s top leaders.
US Assistant Secretary for South and Central Asia Robert O` Blake, who is here on a brief visit, met UCPN (Maoist) Chairman Prachanda and CPN-UML President Jhala Nath Khanal among others and discussed the current political situation in the country.
During the meeting Blake expressed concern over the political deadlock in the country, hurdles in drafting constitution, peace process, bilateral relation with US, among other issues, according to official sources.
Blake will also hold meetings with Nepali Congress president Sushil Koirala, Prime Minister Baburam Bhattarai and Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Narayankaji Shrestha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II