US extends condolences to family of those on Malaysian plane
Washington: The US on Saturday extended its deepest condolences to the family members of 239 people on board a Malaysia Airlines flight, which disappeared on its way to Beijing.
"We extend our deepest condolences to the loved ones of those on board Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370," State Department Spokesperson Jen Psaki said.
"At this time, we can confirm that three US citizens were on board. Officials from the US Embassies in Kuala Lumpur and Beijing are in contact with the individuals` families. Out of respect for them, we are not providing additional information at this time," she said.
"The Embassies are working to assess whether additional US citizens may have been on board the flight," Psaki said in a statement.
The Boeing 777-200 Flight MH370 with 227 passengers, including five Indians and two infants, from 14 different countries and 12 crew members disappeared last night at 0240 local time (23:10 IST).
Malaysia Airlines said the last point of contact with the plane was approximately 120 nautical miles east of Kota Baru in South China Sea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi