US F-15 jet crashes off Japan`s Okinawa
Beijing: A US F-15 jet crashed off Japan`s Okinawa prefecture on Tuesday morning, according to Japan`s Kyodo News.
Meanwhile, Japan`s 11th Region Coast Guard Headquarters said it was informed by the US Forces in Japan at around 9 am local time that an F-15 jet crashed 100 km east off Okinawa and the pilot escaped.
As of now, Japan has dispatched patrol aircraft and vessels to the accident site.
Japan`s Chief Cabinet Secretary Yoshihide Suga also said Japan has been informed about the incident and is gathering information on it.
The crashed fighter, along with other three F-15s, was on way to participate in training above Okinawa from the US Kadena airbase in the prefecture.
A US F-15 fighter crashed in 2006 and the pilot successfully escaped from the plane.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan