US F-15 jet crashes off Japan`s Okinawa
Beijing: A US F-15 jet crashed off Japan`s Okinawa prefecture on Tuesday morning, according to Japan`s Kyodo News.
Meanwhile, Japan`s 11th Region Coast Guard Headquarters said it was informed by the US Forces in Japan at around 9 am local time that an F-15 jet crashed 100 km east off Okinawa and the pilot escaped.
As of now, Japan has dispatched patrol aircraft and vessels to the accident site.
Japan`s Chief Cabinet Secretary Yoshihide Suga also said Japan has been informed about the incident and is gathering information on it.
The crashed fighter, along with other three F-15s, was on way to participate in training above Okinawa from the US Kadena airbase in the prefecture.
A US F-15 fighter crashed in 2006 and the pilot successfully escaped from the plane.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation Part II
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters