US F-15 jet crashes off Japan`s Okinawa
Beijing: A US F-15 jet crashed off Japan`s Okinawa prefecture on Tuesday morning, according to Japan`s Kyodo News.
Meanwhile, Japan`s 11th Region Coast Guard Headquarters said it was informed by the US Forces in Japan at around 9 am local time that an F-15 jet crashed 100 km east off Okinawa and the pilot escaped.
As of now, Japan has dispatched patrol aircraft and vessels to the accident site.
Japan`s Chief Cabinet Secretary Yoshihide Suga also said Japan has been informed about the incident and is gathering information on it.
The crashed fighter, along with other three F-15s, was on way to participate in training above Okinawa from the US Kadena airbase in the prefecture.
A US F-15 fighter crashed in 2006 and the pilot successfully escaped from the plane.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!