US F-16 pilot missing after mid-air collision
Miami: The US Coast Guard, Navy and Air Force were searching on Friday for the missing pilot of an F-16 fighter after his aircraft collided with another F-16 off the South Carolina coast during a night training exercise.
The other F-16 landed safely, an Air Force spokeswoman said.
"Last night, at approximately 8.30 p.m., 2 F-16s collided in mid-air over the Atlantic ... Unfortunately, we don`t have any news of one of the pilots," she told. The collision occurred about 40 miles off Folly Beach, near Charleston.
The Air Force and the Coast Guard named the missing pilot as Air Force Capt. Nicholas Giglio from the 20th Fighter Wing of Shaw Air Force Base, South Carolina.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez