US F-16 pilot missing after mid-air collision
Miami: The US Coast Guard, Navy and Air Force were searching on Friday for the missing pilot of an F-16 fighter after his aircraft collided with another F-16 off the South Carolina coast during a night training exercise.
The other F-16 landed safely, an Air Force spokeswoman said.
"Last night, at approximately 8.30 p.m., 2 F-16s collided in mid-air over the Atlantic ... Unfortunately, we don`t have any news of one of the pilots," she told. The collision occurred about 40 miles off Folly Beach, near Charleston.
The Air Force and the Coast Guard named the missing pilot as Air Force Capt. Nicholas Giglio from the 20th Fighter Wing of Shaw Air Force Base, South Carolina.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city