US F-16 pilot missing after mid-air collision
Miami: The US Coast Guard, Navy and Air Force were searching on Friday for the missing pilot of an F-16 fighter after his aircraft collided with another F-16 off the South Carolina coast during a night training exercise.
The other F-16 landed safely, an Air Force spokeswoman said.
"Last night, at approximately 8.30 p.m., 2 F-16s collided in mid-air over the Atlantic ... Unfortunately, we don`t have any news of one of the pilots," she told. The collision occurred about 40 miles off Folly Beach, near Charleston.
The Air Force and the Coast Guard named the missing pilot as Air Force Capt. Nicholas Giglio from the 20th Fighter Wing of Shaw Air Force Base, South Carolina.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster