US fighters to temporarily guard Bulgarian airspace
Sofia: The Bulgarian government Wednesday allowed 12 US aircraft to temporarily guard the country`s airspace under the integrated NATO air defence system.
The US aircraft will conduct limited missions together with the Bulgarian Air Force during the joint flight training "Thracian Eagle 2014" which will end Sep 12, Xinhua reported.
The missions will consist of aerial surveillance and visual identification, creating conditions for increasing the interoperability of air defence of the two countries, Government Information Service (GIS) in Bulgaria said.
Bulgaria has been a NATO member since 2004. Soviet-made MiG-29 and MiG-21 fighters make up the backbone of its current air defence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi addresses public meeting in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US