US fighters to temporarily guard Bulgarian airspace
Sofia: The Bulgarian government Wednesday allowed 12 US aircraft to temporarily guard the country`s airspace under the integrated NATO air defence system.
The US aircraft will conduct limited missions together with the Bulgarian Air Force during the joint flight training "Thracian Eagle 2014" which will end Sep 12, Xinhua reported.
The missions will consist of aerial surveillance and visual identification, creating conditions for increasing the interoperability of air defence of the two countries, Government Information Service (GIS) in Bulgaria said.
Bulgaria has been a NATO member since 2004. Soviet-made MiG-29 and MiG-21 fighters make up the backbone of its current air defence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata