US First Lady receives death threat from cop
Washington: US First Lady Michelle Obama has reportedly received a death threat from a police officer who worked as a motorcycle escort for White House officials and visiting dignitaries.
Washington DC police are investigating a Metro Police officer for making alleged comments.
"We received an allegation that inappropriate comments were made. We are currently investigating the nature of those comments," according to a statement from the DC Metro Police department.
The officer works as a motorcycle escort with the agency, but has since been moved to administrative duty, according to the Washington Post.
The motorman allegedly made the comments on Wednesday as several officers from the Special Operations Division discussed threats against President Barack Obama.
It was not immediately clear where the alleged conversation took place or exactly how many officers took part in the conversation.
During that conversation, the officials said, the officer allegedly said he would shoot the First Lady and then used his phone to retrieve a picture of the firearm he said he would use. It was not immediately clear what type of firearm was allegedly shown.
Police officials declined to identify the officer. Officials from the US Attorney`s office declined comment.
Police union chief Kristopher Baumann said he did not have details on the matter.
There was no indication of a legitimate danger to Michelle Obama. A Secret Service spokesman declined to provide further details, saying in an e-mail that the agency was aware of the incident and "will conduct appropriate follow-up".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!