US First Lady to visit China in March
Washington: US First Lady Michelle Obama will undertake a visit to China from March 19-26, the White House announced Monday.
The First Lady will be visiting Beijing from March 20-23, Xi`an on March 24, and Chengdu from March 25-26, Xinhua quoted a White House statement as saying.
Michelle will also visit a university and a high school in Beijing, and a high school in Chengdu.
Accompanying the First Lady on this trip will be her mother, Marian Robinson, and daughters -- Malia and Sasha Obama, the statement said.
During the visit, Michelle Obama "will be focusing on the power and importance of education, both in her own life and in the lives of young people in both countries", it said.
She will also visit important historical and cultural sites in China, and share with students in the US the stories of the students she meets in China, as well as interesting facts about China`s history and culture - emphasising the importance of students learning from one another globally, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof