US First Lady to visit China in March
Washington: US First Lady Michelle Obama will undertake a visit to China from March 19-26, the White House announced Monday.
The First Lady will be visiting Beijing from March 20-23, Xi`an on March 24, and Chengdu from March 25-26, Xinhua quoted a White House statement as saying.
Michelle will also visit a university and a high school in Beijing, and a high school in Chengdu.
Accompanying the First Lady on this trip will be her mother, Marian Robinson, and daughters -- Malia and Sasha Obama, the statement said.
During the visit, Michelle Obama "will be focusing on the power and importance of education, both in her own life and in the lives of young people in both countries", it said.
She will also visit important historical and cultural sites in China, and share with students in the US the stories of the students she meets in China, as well as interesting facts about China`s history and culture - emphasising the importance of students learning from one another globally, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players