`US giving Israel $70 mn for missile defense`
Washington: The US will give Israel the extra USD 70 million that Jerusalem asked for this year for short-range missile defense, The Pentagon has said.
Defense Secretary Leon Panetta said today that President Barack Obama directed him to fill Israel`s request for the extra money for the Iron Dome system. The US already has provided USD 205 million for the system, which is designed to intercept short-range rockets and mortars.
Panetta met today morning with Israeli Defence Minister Ehud Barak, then issued a statement saying he had told Barak of the US intention to provide the additional help. He said there will be additional help over the next three years as well but gave no figures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India