`US giving Israel $70 mn for missile defense`
Washington: The US will give Israel the extra USD 70 million that Jerusalem asked for this year for short-range missile defense, The Pentagon has said.
Defense Secretary Leon Panetta said today that President Barack Obama directed him to fill Israel`s request for the extra money for the Iron Dome system. The US already has provided USD 205 million for the system, which is designed to intercept short-range rockets and mortars.
Panetta met today morning with Israeli Defence Minister Ehud Barak, then issued a statement saying he had told Barak of the US intention to provide the additional help. He said there will be additional help over the next three years as well but gave no figures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world