`US government planned Boston bombings`
Washington: A Republican state legislator in New Hampshire has claimed that the US Government is responsible for the Boston Marathon bombing.
State Republican Stella Tremblay posted on the Facebook page of conservative talk show host Glenn Beck that the attack and the subsequent search for suspects was playing out how Beck had suggested.
According to the Huffington Post, she said the bombings were a plot by the federal government, and included a link to a video from another conservative talk show host Alex Jones, in which Jones also claims the federal government planned the bombing.
In the video, Jones spent eight minutes discussing his theory, which includes what he said are photos of off-duty Navy SEALS near the marathon finish line and backpacks he claimed contained bombs.
Jones has a history of such claims, including saying that the federal government was responsible for the September 11 terrorist attacks and the Oklahoma City bombing in 1995.
He also claimed that former Attorney General Janet Reno killed the Branch Davidian compound members in Waco, Texas, in 1993.
The New Hampshire Democratic Party is calling on state Republicans to condemn Tremblay.
Tremblay also told news website Foster`s Daily Democrat on Tuesday that she believes there is evidence that shows that the U.S. government is behind the Boston bombings.
According to the site, she said that a constituent told her to watch a video which then led her to Jones` video.
She also questioned why the FBI searched the home of a Saudi Arabian student after the bombing and then dropped the investigation after she says Secretary of State John Kerry met with the Saudi ambassador.
Tremblay also said that it should not be her role to investigate terrorism but rather suggested that the media needs to do more, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks