`US government planned Boston bombings`
Washington: A Republican state legislator in New Hampshire has claimed that the US Government is responsible for the Boston Marathon bombing.
State Republican Stella Tremblay posted on the Facebook page of conservative talk show host Glenn Beck that the attack and the subsequent search for suspects was playing out how Beck had suggested.
According to the Huffington Post, she said the bombings were a plot by the federal government, and included a link to a video from another conservative talk show host Alex Jones, in which Jones also claims the federal government planned the bombing.
In the video, Jones spent eight minutes discussing his theory, which includes what he said are photos of off-duty Navy SEALS near the marathon finish line and backpacks he claimed contained bombs.
Jones has a history of such claims, including saying that the federal government was responsible for the September 11 terrorist attacks and the Oklahoma City bombing in 1995.
He also claimed that former Attorney General Janet Reno killed the Branch Davidian compound members in Waco, Texas, in 1993.
The New Hampshire Democratic Party is calling on state Republicans to condemn Tremblay.
Tremblay also told news website Foster`s Daily Democrat on Tuesday that she believes there is evidence that shows that the U.S. government is behind the Boston bombings.
According to the site, she said that a constituent told her to watch a video which then led her to Jones` video.
She also questioned why the FBI searched the home of a Saudi Arabian student after the bombing and then dropped the investigation after she says Secretary of State John Kerry met with the Saudi ambassador.
Tremblay also said that it should not be her role to investigate terrorism but rather suggested that the media needs to do more, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP