US govt issues shoe-bomb advisory to airlines
Washington: The US federal government has issued a new advisory to airlines, warning of potential threats of bombs hidden in shoes on inbound flights to the US.
The Department of Homeland Security has warned airlines of the potential new security threat based on "very recent intelligence" considered credible, NBC News said Wednesday.
The media report cited several officials familiar with the latest advisory as saying, according to Xinhua.
The intelligence warned of possible attempts to attack passenger jets using explosives concealed in shoes, said an official, who stressed that the intelligence which was not specific in terms of any particular airline, country, time or plot, is unrelated to the Sochi Winter Olympics of Russia.
As airlines will pay extra attention to passenger shoes on inbound flights to the US from overseas, passengers on those flights may be subjected to increased scrutiny in pat downs and full- body screening, said the report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- 'Comedy Nights' needed a 'Bachao' from Akshay Kumar over racist jokes on Lisa Haydon? Details inside
- Register your marriage online by paying just Rs 100
- India signs $100 mn loan agreement with World Bank
- Trailer out! Salman Khan, Anushka Sharma's 'Sultan' will leave you with goosebumps – Watch now
- Rupee free fall continues, plunges 26 paise to 67.75