US govt issues shoe-bomb advisory to airlines
Washington: The US federal government has issued a new advisory to airlines, warning of potential threats of bombs hidden in shoes on inbound flights to the US.
The Department of Homeland Security has warned airlines of the potential new security threat based on "very recent intelligence" considered credible, NBC News said Wednesday.
The media report cited several officials familiar with the latest advisory as saying, according to Xinhua.
The intelligence warned of possible attempts to attack passenger jets using explosives concealed in shoes, said an official, who stressed that the intelligence which was not specific in terms of any particular airline, country, time or plot, is unrelated to the Sochi Winter Olympics of Russia.
As airlines will pay extra attention to passenger shoes on inbound flights to the US from overseas, passengers on those flights may be subjected to increased scrutiny in pat downs and full- body screening, said the report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie