US govt issues shoe-bomb advisory to airlines
Washington: The US federal government has issued a new advisory to airlines, warning of potential threats of bombs hidden in shoes on inbound flights to the US.
The Department of Homeland Security has warned airlines of the potential new security threat based on "very recent intelligence" considered credible, NBC News said Wednesday.
The media report cited several officials familiar with the latest advisory as saying, according to Xinhua.
The intelligence warned of possible attempts to attack passenger jets using explosives concealed in shoes, said an official, who stressed that the intelligence which was not specific in terms of any particular airline, country, time or plot, is unrelated to the Sochi Winter Olympics of Russia.
As airlines will pay extra attention to passenger shoes on inbound flights to the US from overseas, passengers on those flights may be subjected to increased scrutiny in pat downs and full- body screening, said the report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Two new Zika vaccines give '100% protection' to mice in tests!
- ICSI CS foundation exam 2016 result announced, log on to icsi.examresults.net to check your scores
- Goa RSS chief resigns from committee set up for CM's birthday
- Helicopter parenting may up depression risk in your kids
- Cabinet clears mineral exploration policy