US govt issues shoe-bomb advisory to airlines
Washington: The US federal government has issued a new advisory to airlines, warning of potential threats of bombs hidden in shoes on inbound flights to the US.
The Department of Homeland Security has warned airlines of the potential new security threat based on "very recent intelligence" considered credible, NBC News said Wednesday.
The media report cited several officials familiar with the latest advisory as saying, according to Xinhua.
The intelligence warned of possible attempts to attack passenger jets using explosives concealed in shoes, said an official, who stressed that the intelligence which was not specific in terms of any particular airline, country, time or plot, is unrelated to the Sochi Winter Olympics of Russia.
As airlines will pay extra attention to passenger shoes on inbound flights to the US from overseas, passengers on those flights may be subjected to increased scrutiny in pat downs and full- body screening, said the report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi