US govt shutdown: Barack Obama postpones Malaysia visit
Kuala Lumpur: Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak Wednesday said US President Barack Obama has postponed his upcoming visit to Malaysia this month following the partial shutdown of the US government Tuesday.
Najib said US Secretary of State John Kerry will visit Malaysia as the representative of Obama, reported Xinhua citing local media.
Obama was scheduled to visit Malaysia to attend the Global Entrepreneurship Summit in Kuala Lumpur during his trip to Southeast Asia this month, which also includes the APEC Summit in Indonesia and the ASEAN Summit in Brunei.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death
- Non-BJP parties plan to boycott PM Narendra Modi's 'Smart Cities Mission' event - Know the reason
- Two lakh ration cards cancelled in two months in Jharkhand
- PM Narendra Modi returns from Tashkent after completing his two-day visit
- Barack Obama says UK committed to 'orderly transition' out of EU