US govt snoops via undersea cables too, reveal new docs
Washington: A recently published NSA classified slide reveals that US government uses undersea cables which criss-cross the world for its surveillance program.
According to the Fox News, the classified slide reveals the step-by-step guidance to NSA personnel about the way snooping can be conducted using both the programs.
It suggested to implement the ` Prism` program, which is the usual data collection from tech companies for ` metadata ` and also putting to use undersea fiber-optic cables that contain gobs of voice and Internet data.
The revealed contained a rough map of North America, showing the undersea cables fanning out from the West and East coasts of the US, to the rest of the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family