US: Gurdwara shooter remembered for his ‘ill will’
Washington: Wade Michael Page, the man who shot dead six people at a Sikh temple in Wisconsin, is being remembered for his ill will by his neighbours.
“I stayed away from him,” Char Brown, who lived in the same building, said. Brown also said that she tolerated him playing loud rock music late at night. Another neighbour, Jennifer Dunn, a psychiatric nurse, said she regarded Page as ‘creepy’ in part because he would not look her in the eye, The Guardian reports.
Dunn too complained about the loud music that Page played and said that the night before the attack on the Sikh temple it seemed particularly loud, the paper said.
The bands, Definite Hate and End Apathy, were an important part of Page’s life after a failed Army career, dismissal from a series of jobs and a rocky relationship with a girlfriend who left him earlier this year, the paper reports.
According to the report, Char Brown’s husband, David, called Page ‘very standoffish’ and ‘not real friendly’. But Page`s stepmother, Laura Page, said it wasn`t always that way. She described him as a "normal little boy" and struggled to explain how he came to be a mass murderer with a Facebook picture of him in front of a Nazi swastika.
"Now I greatly question that direction. I don`t know if the military was good for him. I don`t know. I wish I had some answers. And we`re not going to have answers because he`s dead," she said.
Page, who worked in the Army before he was sacked because he did not like taking orders from a woman, also drifted between jobs, including a motorbike parts dealership and then as a lorry driver. But mostly he focussed on playing in white power bands, the paper reports.
Page told Label 56, a record company that distributed his band`s albums and sold Definite Hate T-shirts, that he founded his second group, End Apathy, to wake people up.
The Southern Poverty Law Centre, which tracks extremist groups, lists Label 56 as a "hate site" because of its promotion of racist bands such as Children of the Reich and Stormtroop 16.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents