‘US has greatly reduced threat of 9/11 repeat from Pak’
Washington: Former National Counter-Terrorism Center (NCTC) director Michael Leiter has said the US has greatly reduced the chance of another 9/11 originating from Pakistan.
"It is not impossible, but very difficult for al Qaeda in Pakistan to launch an attack outside its borders," The Express Tribune quoted Leiter, as saying at the Aspen Security Forum.
Matthew Olsen, the current NCTC director, said the issues with Pakistan are much broader than just counter-terrorism. He added that the country faced political, military and security challenges.
The Aspen Security Forum will feature speakers from current and former US administrations. Ambassadors from Pakistan and Afghanistan are also scheduled to address the forum.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview