‘US has greatly reduced threat of 9/11 repeat from Pak’
Washington: Former National Counter-Terrorism Center (NCTC) director Michael Leiter has said the US has greatly reduced the chance of another 9/11 originating from Pakistan.
"It is not impossible, but very difficult for al Qaeda in Pakistan to launch an attack outside its borders," The Express Tribune quoted Leiter, as saying at the Aspen Security Forum.
Matthew Olsen, the current NCTC director, said the issues with Pakistan are much broader than just counter-terrorism. He added that the country faced political, military and security challenges.
The Aspen Security Forum will feature speakers from current and former US administrations. Ambassadors from Pakistan and Afghanistan are also scheduled to address the forum.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days