‘US has greatly reduced threat of 9/11 repeat from Pak’
Washington: Former National Counter-Terrorism Center (NCTC) director Michael Leiter has said the US has greatly reduced the chance of another 9/11 originating from Pakistan.
"It is not impossible, but very difficult for al Qaeda in Pakistan to launch an attack outside its borders," The Express Tribune quoted Leiter, as saying at the Aspen Security Forum.
Matthew Olsen, the current NCTC director, said the issues with Pakistan are much broader than just counter-terrorism. He added that the country faced political, military and security challenges.
The Aspen Security Forum will feature speakers from current and former US administrations. Ambassadors from Pakistan and Afghanistan are also scheduled to address the forum.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown